Do we know who your Next of Kin is?

September 14, 2017

If you live alone – either in one of our lodging houses or as a tenant – it’s important we know who to contact if something happens to you.

For example, if you become seriously unwell and aren’t able to speak with medical staff, your Next of Kin needs to be contacted to do this on your behalf.  They may also be asked to manage your affairs until you are able to do this again for yourself.

Even if you are good friends with your neighbours in your unit or lodging house, they are unlikely to have legal permission to make decisions on your behalf.

Please let us know who you would like us to call in case of an emergency by giving these details to your Lodging or Housing Coordinator.