Evidence of income essential for NRAS tenants

October 16, 2019

We’d like to remind tenants living in National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) properties that we need you provide evidence of your income annually, so please make sure you’re saving these documents.

Every 12 months, you’ll need to give Foundation Housing written evidence of all household members’ gross income, such as payslips or PAYG summaries for those members who are working. If you receive a Centrelink benefit, you can give us permission to download a statement for you, which will make providing these documents easier for you.

It’s really important that you retain all evidence of your household’s income for the 12 month period, as we are required to provide this to the Department of Social Security each year to demonstrate your eligibility for an NRAS subsidised property. We’ll always write to you beforehand to inform you when this is due. Unfortunately if you don’t give us income evidence during the annual review, we may have to take action to end your tenancy.

It’s also important to note that you can’t exceed the income limit for your household type by more than 25 percent, for more than two years in a row. If you aren’t sure if you live in a NRAS property, please check with your Housing Coordinator. If you have questions about NRAS, please contact Foundation Housing’s NRAS officer, Jean at jean@foundationhousing.org.au