April 4, 2022
Housing upgrades are coming!
The Social Housing Economic Recovery Package (SHERP) Grants Program is a State Government initiative that provides funding for new and upgraded community housing.
We have recently received approval for our SHERP application under a refurbishment package for a grant totalling over $1.7 million. This grant will see projects done at the following properties:
- 17-19 Foundry Road, Midland – Security upgrades, including a new car park vehicle gate.
- 14 Heytesbury Street, Subiaco – Kitchen fit out for Level 3, full floor covering upgrades and solar installation.
- 239 Newcastle Street, Northbridge – Full internal and external repaint, full common kitchen refurbishment and solar installation.
- 24 Frederick Street, Broome – Full repaint of all rooms and external surfaces (walls, timber decking and stairs).
- Solar Installation – For 23 properties, including 6 lodging properties
Details of these changes will be communicated in advance to tenants and residents at these properties to manage any impact to your living arrangements. For any questions, please contact your Housing or Lodging Coordinator.