May 31, 2017
It’s officially Winter today!
While our tenants in the Kimberley and Pilbara might not have noticed, those of us in the southern half of the state will now be feeling the cooler nights and crisp early mornings.
If you have a garden make sure you stop using your sprinkler until Spring time. It helps save our state’s water supply and the winter time sprinkler ban now applies, so you risk getting a fine if you do use one. It’s still ok to water your garden by hand.
You can help keep your home warmer and save on electricity and gas bills by taking the following steps:
- Seal drafts around doors and windows with weather strips or draft stoppers.
- Open your curtains during the day to let the heat in and close them at night to keep the cold out
- Use rugs on timber and tile floors
- Close air conditioning vents in the ceiling to stop heat loss
- And just like your mum used to tell you, put on an extra jumper!