Social Housing

What is Social Housing?

Social housing is for people on very low to low incomes. It is available to people whose income and asset holdings meet certain criteria as defined by the Department of Communities (DoC).

Foundation Housing allocates homes to people through the DoC Joint Waitlist. To be considered for this housing, applicants are required to register with the Department of Communities and to tick ‘yes’ to the option to be housed by a community housing provider.




Apply for Social Housing

To apply for social housing, complete the Department of Communities Application Form.

You’ll be contacted by Foundation Housing (or an alternative community housing provider) if an appropriate housing option becomes available.


Foyer Oxford 

Foyer Oxford provides fully self-contained accommodation, with the capacity to house up to 98 young people between the ages of 16 and 25, including 24 young parents and their children. Foyer Oxford is allocated directly by Anglicare staff, not through Foundation Housing.

Application forms can be submitted online at


Frequently Asked Questions

How much time do I have to decide if I want the property?

Once you are offered the property you will need to decide within 24 hours if you want to accept it. The move-in date will depend on what maintenance is required and when the previous tenant is vacating. This will be discussed with you after you view the property. To secure the property, we will require a bond to be paid within 3 days of offer acceptance. 

Can I have pets?

You must ask us for permission first. Not all our properties are suitable for pets and not all types of animals are suitable for our properties. If we give permission for you to have a pet, you will need to pay a Pet Bond which goes towards the extra cleaning costs associated with the property if you leave. 

How often would I pay rent?

Rent payments to Foundation Housing are due every 14 days. Your first payment will be charged on the day you sign your rental agreement so you will always be paying for the next 14 days in advance. 

What if I am struggling to manage my tenancy?

We have a range of support options available to help people manage their tenancy. We provide this support directly, and also work with other agencies, depending on the issues. Please speak to your Housing Coordinator at any time if you feel you need help to manage your tenancy 

When do I get the keys to the property?

You will be given keys on the day you sign your tenancy agreement. 

How long is my lease period?

This will depend on the arrangements for your specific home. You will be told about the lease period when you are offered the property. 

How is my rent assessed?

Rent is based on your household income, plus any CRA you are eligible for. Rent is charged at 25-30% of income. Utilities are a separate charge to the rent and are generally paid by you, direct to the utility company. 

Am I eligible?

Applicants are eligible if they meet criteria as set by the DoC. Details of income eligibility for different housing types and household sizes can be found here. 


Applicants must also meet the assets test and not hold assets over a certain amount. The DoC’s current asset limits are listed here. 

I don’t have enough money to pay the bond, what do I do?

Government assistance is available for bond payments in certain circumstances. You will need to pay your bond before you sign the tenancy agreement. Your Housing Coordinator can explain about Government assistance for bond payments or visit bondassistance for more information. 

Contact Us Office Locations

Office Hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Thursday: 12:30pm to 4:30pm*

General Enquiries: (08) 9422 0700
Maintenance / Repairs: 1300 895 205

Office: 297 Vincent Street, Leederville WA 6007
Postal: PO Box 214, Leederville, WA 6902

*Leederville Reception is closed on Thursday mornings.

Office Hours:
By appointment only

Unit 6/17 – 19 Foundry Road
Midland WA 6056

T: (08) 9422 0700

Maintenance / Repairs: 1300 895 205


Office Hours:
By appointment only

Sanori House, Suite 3, 126 Grand Boulevard
Joondalup WA 6027

T: (08) 9422 0700
Maintenance / Repairs: 1300 895 205

Office Hours:
10.00am to 2.00 pm weekdays (or by appointment)

34 Frederick Street
Broome WA 6725

General Enquiries: (08) 9422 0700
Maintenance / Repairs: 1300 895 205

Office Hours:
10.00am to 2.00 pm weekdays (or by appointment)

3A/3 Brand Street
South Hedland WA 6722

T: (08) 9172 9700
Maintenance / Repairs: 1300 895 205