Dangerous Dogs

Some dogs can become aggressive and bite other people or animals. If you are in fear of your safety, please contact the Police immediately to report the dangerous dog.

Make a report and ask for a police report number which you can also provide to your Housing Coordinator if the offending neighbour is also a Foundation Housing tenant.

Dog Barking

This is only considered antisocial behaviour if the noise is persistent*.

We want everyone to feel comfortable living in their home and we ask all tenants and residents to be considerate of their neighbours. Whilst it is natural for dogs to bark, when it is happening persistently it can be annoying and upsetting.

  • You may want to have a friendly chat with your neighbour. Quite often people do not realise that their pet is causing a nuisance.
  • If you still feel disturbed, you can contact your local council who can serve noise prevention notices.
  • If the issue persists, your local council or the Citizens Advice Bureau (08) 9221 5711 can provide mediation between neighbours and work with you to fix the problem.

*Persistent means continuous periods lasting more than 30 minutes a day for at least a week. 

If you have concerns about the welfare of a pet, please contact the RSPCA