August 10, 2016
It’s been two years since the first Foundation Housing Tenant Advisory Group (TAG) was established at our head office in Perth. Since then this group and the newly formed Joondalup TAG have encouraged Foundation Housing to:
• send more communications to tenants
• develop Information Sheets on topics like how rent is set and repairs to homes
• provide information on how to save energy in your home and also home energy audits being done through the Cities of Stirling and Swan and Town of Bassendean
• clarify our responsibility for insurance of tenant additions to their homes.
The TAG groups also provided feedback on:
• the responsibility of internal painting by tenants
• the new website
• the maintenance of communal areas in unit complexes
Sam, a participant on both TAGs, said the group was a great way to get more information about what’s going on at Foundation Housing and other tenants.
“We can make sure people understand what’s happening, what rules and regulations are coming in and if they sound right, find out what needs doing,” she said.
Sam said she had a sense of accomplishment after several problems which had been around for some time were resolved as a result of her participation on the TAG.
Sam also called for more tenants to join their local TAG to help ensure all tenants’ problems are noticed and everyone is helped.
If you would like to be a part of one of these valuable and influential of tenant groups contact Julia on 9422 0702 or email julia@foundationHousing.org.au.