If the information you need is not here please contact your Housing Coordinator.

Why do I need to pay my rent when you are a not-for-profit organisation?

We charge rent to cover the cost of repairing your home when things go wrong or wear out, to meet the cost of managing our services to you and to invest in your home in the long term such as new windows, roof and kitchen when needed.

How is my rent assessed?

We work out the Rent using a percentage of the Assessable Income, plus any CRA the household members would be eligible for.  The most rent we charge for a property is the Market Rent. Utilities are added onto the Rent to make up the total cost of a property. Foundation Housing is governed by the Housing Authority’s Community Housing Rent Setting Policy and the Residential Tenancies Act 1987 (WA).There is more information about rents here.

How often will I have inspections?

We will complete property inspections at the following stages of a tenancy,
• when a new Tenant moves in or out of a property
• during our settling in visit, six weeks after a Tenant moves in
• annually to complete a safety inspection
• routine inspections (up to four per year)
• unsatisfactory property follow up.

Am I eligible to receive quarterly food vouchers? What do I need to do to get these?

You may be eligible to receive food vouchers if the only source of income in your household is one of the following; Centrelink Pensions: Newstart Allowance, Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy, Special Benefit, or Widow Allowance.
If you are eligible to join our voucher program, you will receive a letter with your rent review that explains the process. Every three months we will download a Centrelink statement for you to see if you can still get vouchers. We will only send vouchers if we can confirm that your income means you are still eligible to receive them.

Whose responsibility is it for pest / cockroach treatments?

We are responsible for ensuring your property is free from vermin and pests when you first move in. Generally after moving in, it is the tenant’s responsibility. Please contact our Property Services team to discuss your situation on 1300 895 205.

I want a pet - what do I need to do?

We understand that pets are important to people and seek to enable our tenants to have pets wherever possible. However, we also recognise that pets can cause issues for neighbours, particularly in complexes where people are living in close proximity. If you are thinking about getting a pet please contact your Housing Coordinator. A pet bond of $260 will be charged.

I am going away on holiday - what should I do?

Contact your Housing Coordinator if you are going to be away for more than four weeks. Please note that your benefits may be affected if you are leaving the country for longer periods of time.

Can I eventually buy my house / unit?

Foundation Housing currently do not offer the option of purchasing our properties due to the limited availability of this type of housing in Western Australia.

What is the process if I want to move to another suburb or a larger property?

We recognise that tenants’ housing needs can change over time, and we aim to help move existing tenants within our housing stock to make the best use of our available properties and to meet those changing needs. Please refer to our transfer policy.

What do I need to do if I want to move out?

Under the terms of the Residential Tenancies Act, tenants must give 21 days written notice. If you are looking to move out, please contact your Housing Coordinator who will give you all the information necessary to arrange this.

Contact Us Office Locations

Office Hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Thursday: 12:30pm to 4:30pm*

General Enquiries: (08) 9422 0700
Maintenance / Repairs: 1300 895 205

Office: 297 Vincent Street, Leederville WA 6007
Postal: PO Box 214, Leederville, WA 6902

*Leederville Reception is closed on Thursday mornings.

Office Hours:
Monday and Wednesday: 10am – 12pm

All other hours: By appointment only

Unit 6/17 – 19 Foundry Road
Midland WA 6056

T: (08) 6274 3900
Maintenance / Repairs: 1300 895 205


Office Hours:
By appointment only

Sanori House, Suite 3, 126 Grand Boulevard
Joondalup WA 6027

T: (08) 9422 0700
Maintenance / Repairs: 1300 895 205

Office Hours:
10.00am to 2.00 pm weekdays (or by appointment)

34 Frederick Street
Broome WA 6725

General Enquiries: (08) 9422 0700
Maintenance / Repairs: 1300 895 205

Office Hours:
10.00am to 2.00 pm weekdays (or by appointment)

3A/3 Brand Street
South Hedland WA 6722

T: (08) 9172 9700
Maintenance / Repairs: 1300 895 205